Spring is here & it’s time for some fresh, healthy & delicious recipes. If you’re craving a meal that is as nourishing as it is tasty then this nourish bowl is for you!
Brought to you by The Foodie Chain
Serves: 2-4 people
Time: 1 hour (incl cooking time)
- 2 sweet potatoes chopped
- 2 eggplants chopped
- 1 bunch broccolini chopped
- 5 mushrooms chopped
- 1 bag mixed greens
- 1 bunch continental parsley
- 1 can lentils
- 1 jar of sauerkraut or fermented veggies
- 500g chicken breast chopped
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 packet pickled ginger
- sunflower seeds
- sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 200 deg & line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Place chopped sweet potato on one tray and season with salt, pepper & 2 tbsp coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mix miso paste & honey together, adding water if needed. Add chopped eggplant & coat. Place on baking tray.
- Cook sweet potato & eggplant for approx 30-40 mins or until golden brown. Stirring throughout.
- Whilst veggies are cooking, in a large bowl mix peanut butter, soy sauce & lime juice. Add chicken & coat. Set aside.
- In a large pan, over high heat, add coconut oil, mushrooms, broccolini, salt & pepper. Mix & cook until browned. Remove from pan.
- Add chicken mixture to the same pan & cook until tender. Remove from pan.
- In a small bowl, smash avocado with salt & pepper.
- To serve, layer the bowl with mixed greens, sweet potato, eggplant, lentils, chicken, mushrooms mixture, sauerkraut, pickled ginger & smashed avocado. Top with seeds, parsley & olive oil (if needed).
* To make the bowl vegan, simply, replace chicken with tofu & replace honey with rice malt syrup.