You can't beat a good summer bircher muesli for breakfast. Delicious, refreshing and so simple - this one should definitely be on your brekkie list this summer.
Also, high in energy and nutrition - this breakfast provides the perfect mix to set you off for a great ride and should keep you feeling fuelled for longer!
- banana 1/2 ripe (the riper, the sweeter it will be)
- green apple 1/2
- fine rolled oats 1/2 cup
- dried fruit e.g. cranberries, dates, sultanas, raisins
- ground cinnamon ¼ teaspoon
- Ground nutmeg 1/8 teaspoon
- salt pinch of
- Milk ½ cup
- Peel banana, place in a large bowl and mash with a fork. Coarsely grate apple (leave the skin on) and add to the mashed banana.
- Add oats, dried fruit (raisins are my favourite), cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, ½ cup of water and milk and mix all together until well combined. Leave in the fridge overnight
- Place in bowl and top with whatever you want (my favourite is yogurt, sliced almonds and a drizzle of honey).
Thanks to Grace Anderson (Mike Greer Homes Womens Cycling team/Team Illuminate) for contributing this recipe.
Follow her here: