These “pancakes” are absolutely incredible. They are extremely easy to make, only contain a few ingredients and are perfect pre or post-ride. They are gluten and diary free and can be dressed up with any toppings that you can imagine.
In Winter, we love the warm berry coulis and a dollop of Greek yogurt.
Ingredients (serves 1):
▪ 1 tablespoon coconut oil or butter
▪ 1 banana
▪ 1/2 tablespoon nut butter (we love almond)
▪ 2 eggs (from happy chickens)
▪ 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
▪ 1/2 cup strawberries or berries of your choice (go frozen if need be!)
▪ 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1. Put the banana, nut butter, eggs and cinnamon in a blender. Blend until well mixed and a little fluffy.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large pan over medium heat and add the coconut oil or butter. Once hot, slowly pour the pancake mixture into the pan (into circles about 3 inches across). When bubbles start to form on the top surface, flip the pancakes and cook through second side.
3. For the topping, defrost the strawberries in a small pot or microwave until soft. Add the balsamic vinegar and mix well using the back of a fork. Topping should be sauce-like.
4. Serve with a dollop of Greek or coconut yogurt. Delicious with coconut flakes, sliced banana or fresh berries too.