This is a go-to snack, breakfast and lunch at our place! It tastes incredibly delicious and somehow cheesy, despite being dairy and gluten free.
An easy one to incorporate into your weekly meal-prep, this slice keeps well and is a great addition to work or school lunches.
Optional extras: top with some nutritional yeast (for a cheesy taste) or sprinkle some grated mozzarella on top.
- 2/3 cups (150g) bacon.
- 3-4 cups (600g) grated zucchini (about 3 medium).
- 2 small brown onions.
- 8 eggs.
- 1 1/4 cup (140g) almond meal.
- 1/3 cup (75g) macadamia nut oil.
- 1 small red chilli, finely diced.
1. Preheat the oven to 175C/350F and line a 15 x 30 cm (6 x 12 inches) dish with baking paper.
2. Dice the bacon and fry over high heat until brown and crispy.
3. Meanwhile, wash and grate the zucchini and onions. Using a tea towel or muslin cloth, squeeze the excess water out of the zucchini and discard.
4. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and then stir through the almond meal.
5. Add the zucchini, onion, oil, chilli and pre-cooked bacon and mix well. The mixture should be just pourable.
6. Pour into the lined baking dish and bake for 40 minutes or until cooked through. Leave to cool before slicing into small squares. The slice should last in the refrigerator for 3-4 days and will also freeze well.