When you want to sneak some extra greens into your morning (or your kids’ bellies!) this smoothie is the answer. It packs a hidden nutritional punch with raw beetroot, leafy greens and healthy fats – all wrapped up in a beautiful pink drink!
Ingredients (serves 2):
• 1 cup frozen raspberries
• 1 frozen banana
• 5-6 large leaves of leafy greens (kale, silver beet or spinach)
• 1/4 small raw beetroot, peeled
• 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, raw
• 2 1/2 cups filtered water
1. First, place the macadamia nuts in the bottom of your blender with the filtered water. Let soak for 15 – 30 minutes for the nuts to soften.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender and pulse on high for 60-90 seconds or until smooth. Add extra water to thin the smoothie if it’s too thick.
*If you’re after a nut free smoothie, you can omit the macadamia nuts or swap these for a tablespoon of tahini instead.