If you’re feeling a little flat after all the holiday celebrations, you might be on the lookout for healthier treats and snacks to keep you cool and on track! This “ice-cream” is dairy and refined sugar free, but the consistency is amazing! It’s thick, creamy and full of healthy fats and carbohydrates to help you fuel up for your next ride or as the perfect Summer evening treat.
· 1 cup (130g) frozen strawberries
· 1 frozen banana
· ¼ cup (60ml) coconut cream, chilled in fridge
· 2 tbsp. coconut flakes
1. Place the strawberries, banana and chilled coconut cream in the large bowl of a food processor.
2. Pulse until the fruit is combined and smooth. This may take a little while (it may go crumbly before it becomes smooth). If necessary, add a little more coconut cream to reach an ice-cream consistency.
3. Add the coconut flakes and pulse to mix gently. Serve with fresh strawberry halves and coconut flakes.
Tip: Add a tablespoon of cacao nibs at step 3 for a strawberry choc chip variation!